Mandla Mnyakama



Here is the thing

After completing my art and photographic course I spent time developing my knowledge in photographyand art.During this period I also worked as a social documentarian who spent most of the time in the townships and also researched about writing and journalism.At a later stage I spent short time as a fulltime photgrpaher for the Daily Dispatch where I also developed my knowlegde in journalsim and writing.I then left the company to do freelance work with the City Press and Imvo Zabantsundu, Bona Magazine, Development News Agency and East Cape News Agency.From there I moved to Cape Town to freelance for the Independent Newspapers as a photographer - reporter.After this I did a nine months internship with the company before I secured a full time jobwith it as photographer - reporter.Due to certain problems I had, I resigned from the company and went back to freelance with the City Press, Drum Magazine and also contributed to the Independent Newspapers.Sowetan Newspapers and the Big Issue Magazine also became some of my clients.During this time I also archived my works with the iAfrika anad Touch LIfe Photo Agencies. For this exhibtion my works are about photographic art, everyday life as well as the documentation of the untold stories in the townships.

Thanks

Mandla Mnyakama

Comments

Popular Posts